Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Welcome to Team PWG!


Hello everyone and welcome to my latest project, Team PWG!

As many of you know, I've been a massive PWG fan since I discovered it in 2013 which has led me to start a blog/fansite for my favorite independent wrestling promotion. I don't want to get ahead of myself though because this all really started as an Instagram account that I still run called "Team PWG" where I post nothing, but PWG related clips & pictures. With the success of that and the amount of views my PWG reviews get on my main blog, Pro Wrestling Truth - I decided to start up a blog solely dedicated to PWG coverage.

Of course, I can't do this all on my own so I'm going to be bringing in a few friends to help me out here and there. The first being a guy who attends PWG every month, Mark Wilder (@seethekidwin). He will be doing live reports/reviews of the shows he attends so be on the look out for that in the days after a show takes place.

A main feature of this site will obviously be reviews as that's mainly what inspired me to do this. To start, I've archived all the PWG shows/compilation DVD's that I've ever reviewed on a tab at the top of the page. I haven't seen every single PWG show, but I've reviewed around 50 plus compilations and I'm planning to attempt to fill out the missing shows with help from others in the coming months/year.

News, notes, updates, & insight will also be featured predominately here. Columns such as previews for the big shows of the year like BOLA and DDT4 or just articles on current things happening in PWG will be something you can look out for. "Throwback Thursday's" and "This Day in PWG history" are also concepts I plan to implement on this blog in the future.

My mission is simply to 1) give fans of the promotion a place to come for reviews, analysis, & perspective 2) give new fans a place to learn about the past, present, & history of PWG and 3) to just have fun covering the promotion that made me get heavily into wrestling all over again.

With that being said, I hope you enjoy what I plan to bring to you on this blog and I'd love to hear your thoughts, critiques, and criticism's on the content we feature and just the idea as a whole.

One last thing I have to mention is that we will be bringing graphics to the site soon along with other pages include a "Roster/Alumni" area and an "About" tab. I planned to have everything set up before I officially launched this blog, but I already have several great articles that are ready to post and would be useless if I let too much time go by. So, you're going to be able to watch us grow and I can't wait to see where this site goes! Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for supporting me this far! You can follow this new blog/project of mine on Twitter @TheTeamPWG, myself @EthanPWT, Mark @seethekidwin, and my other main blog @ThePWTruth! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment