Friday, October 30, 2015

Josh Alexander speaks on his final night in PWG

Photo credit: Mikey Nolan

Former PWG World Tag Team Champion Josh Alexander, who as you know retired in July, recently published a piece about his final run of shows on the Independent scene. Of course, one of those stops was in PWG where he competed multiple times in the first half of 2015. It was a bummer to see his run in Reseda cut short, but it's clear that it was a time he'll never forget as you can tell by this excerpt from his blog:

Next stop was the mecca known as PWG. I loved the match, andit was everything PWG always is. Just a fucking blast. Not much else I can say. I felt lucky every time I got to wrestle there. Candice & Joey are two of the most awesome people in all of wrestling, and to be honest Candice is one of the best in wrestling male or female. After the match, I was genuinely surprised at the reaction I received from the fans. So many people at PWG all the way on the other side of the continent knew my story. I felt like they knew the sacrifices I made, and rather than judge me for walking away, they wanted to give me a hero’s goodbye. It was honestly touching coming from a crowd that hadn't had much time to get to know me. It's just another reason why The PWG crowd is as admired as the promotion itself. Special thanks to the Young Bucks. I would have never got my opportunity there if it wasn't for them. 

The full article discussing his final matches in AAW, AIW, & Alpha-1 and the aftermath of his retirement from pro wrestling can be found here! And with that, we here at Guerrilla Fanfare offer one more #ThankYouJosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment